Project Management Officer with French la Societe Generale
Scurta descriere a companiei
Societe Generale European Business Services (SG EBS) is a subsidiary of the Société Générale Group in Romania and operates as a shared service center, providing services in finance and accounting and human resources for Societe Generale entities located throughout Europe.
Created in 2011, SG EBS is rapidly growing and will gradually increase the scope to other activities, both in the finance and in the HR fields. Our services portfolio, for the moment, covers the following major business lines and processes:
3 major lines of business
• Retail Banking & Financial Services
• Management of Assets & Services
• Corporate & Investment Banking
3 major processes:
• Data management
We are proud of our colleagues, a young and professional team, who carries on a wide range of services while continuously focusing on optimization and efficiency.
In SG EBS we are committed in offering the best conditions necessary for our colleagues’ development because we believe that our participation in the growth of our Group can only be the fruit of a collective effort, as a team.
On the other hand, we valorize the individual by having in place a motivating policy for their development and compensation. As an employee of SG EBS you will have the opportunity to work in a professional environment to develop your skills and gain valuable experience.
You have a place in our team, if you are an ambitious young professional looking to develop your skills and knowledge, who can work in an international environment and prove yourself costumer focus, result oriented, adaptable and a team player.
Within our company you will find a wide range of Finance and HR career openings for foreign language speakers who love challenging roles in a developing company.
Your technical profile:
• Bachelor’s degree in Project management or equivalent;
We will also value:
• Experience or knowledge of projects in a Banking environment;
• Time management skills - able to work on multiple projects simultaneously;
• Good knowledge and experience of Program Management tools, standards and principles;
• Understanding of IT Governance related processes and practices;
• A responsible attitude and ambition in achieving your mission;
• A good combination of rigor, creativity and communication skills;
• Good command of French and English, both written and spoken with the ability to participate in French-only meetings;
• Enthusiasm, self-confidence, innovative problem-solving skills, curious, autonomous.
Your environment :
• ITEC/COO/PMO is one of the central teams within GBIS. All PMOs working on GBIS projects and portfolios are located within the COOS/PPP organization.
• The Portfolio PMOs (PPMO) are in charge of monitoring the execution of a given portfolio (i.e. all projects and programs of the portfolio) and more specifically of monitoring the Estimate At Completion VS the allocated budget, the burn rate (i.e. the speed at which the budget is spent), the quality of the projects (milestones delivered…), the client satisfaction, validating and challenging the monthly reports…
• The PPMO is in charge of reporting every month to his clients (ITEC and Business) on the progress of the portfolio and of raising alerts when needed.
You will be involved in activities like:
• Provide consolidated reporting to the various layers of management;
• Improve and standardize the performance of projects;
• Monthly review of the portfolio with the Management;
• Evaluates the strategic risks on different projects;
• Adhering to project management and departmental standards and controls, making use of standard tools;
• Preparing presentations for executive management;
• Inputs for the ITEC monthly review;
• On-demand deliverables;
• Drive innovation by coming up with new ideas for our processes;
• Point out issues with the existing processes on different projects, followed by active involvement in order to clean it up;
• Maintain a close relationship with the French team and ensure that the final result responds to its needs.
• Competitive remuneration and benefits package, based on qualifications and experience;
• Possibilities of promotion and development of a career plan;
• A modern working environment: open, informal, fun and start-up atmosphere;
• Meal tickets;
• Private health insurance;
• Yearly bonus per company policy;
• Permanent employment contract.
ITEC is the IT department of the Investment Bank of Societe Generale, a.k.a. GBIS for Global Banking and Investor Solutions. With 18,000 employees working in 53 countries, GBIS focuses on the needs of Corporates, financial institutions, public sector, family offices or High Net Worth Individuals. It regroups Corporate & Investment Banking, Private Banking, Asset Management and Investor Services.
GBIS is a major growth engine for the Group, (see more on https://www.sgcib.com ).
What are the key characteristics of ITEC?
• We are BIG! ITEC is 7000 people strong worldwide.
• We are global: GBIS is represented in more than 50 countries, but ITEC is concentrated in the major financial places of the planet: Paris, New-York, London, Hong Kong. But in parallel, ITEC has developed a network of operation Hubs like Bangalore, Montreal, and now Bucharest, in order to be more resilient, and more cost effective.
• We are complex: the type of business we support is very complex and dynamic. Financial products and solutions embed advanced mathematics and finance concepts, but they also need to be out on the market as fast as possible to beat the competition: Time to Market is key!
• We are growing: the investment banking is a very IT intensive business. And as we embark into the “Digital Transformation” journey to create the “Bank of the Future”, IT is becoming more and more a critical/core business partner for the bankers. ITEC represents one third of the overall GBIS staff.
ITEC Bucharest operates with Parisian colleagues just like if we were one floor up (or down) in the same tower in Paris, La Defense. We want to be able to create that proximity in the relationship, and the trust and confidence in the connections.
Our initial target will be to grow up to a few hundred people in the coming years. This will only be possible if we demonstrate our ability to deliver high quality work.